Monday, May 27, 2013

6: 2-Hour Preparation

I'm currently preparing for my presentation, seeing as I go a week from today. June 3rd, to be more precise. I am very glad that I present the very beginning of the second week, simply because that gives me all of this week to watch what everyone else does and decipher the good and bad in each. I will then be able to use the good from every presentation I see and try and find ways to incorporate it into mine, while witnessing the bad in some and try and find ways I can stray away from that.

Something I realized that I haven't given much thought for my presentation is the set up of it all. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the room (if I plan to do anything at all with it). I'm not necessarily certain what I can do to go above and beyond. Something else I also have on my to do list is that I have to split up the people in my presentation and put them into groups so that I can have each table with a couple of seniors (so that the juniors stay on task).

I also got my two hour lesson plan back from Ortega with some comments written on it and I'm really glad she seemed to like what I had to say on it. This will hopefully mean that when it comes to the information I have to talk about, I'm doing well. However, she did seem a bit confused on my sponge activity. So I'd assume I'll have to email her tonight/tomorrow and try and clarify it in simpler terms so that she may understand it. OR maybe it just won't work at all and I'll have to figure something else out.

So far, everything seems very doable. I hope to have all of my powerpoint and props finished by Wednesday (Thursday at the latest) so that I can spend three days just going over the whole thing. I'm really just excited to knock this thing out so that I can focus on product presentation.




No comments:

Post a Comment